Sunday, October 7, 2007

The decay of marriage and it's effects on our culture

Friends, yes it has come to my attention that, while mostly opinion, we as Americans need to realize the impact on marriage and its importance on not only our moral compass, but the future generations we so desire to succeed.

You see, there is a problem, not with only the marriage but also the foundation on which the vows are made. In this writers opinion, it is crucial to accept the matrimony as being that under God. The desire for some to polarize this sacred institution into a sexual, monetary or just overall selfish gain has led this gorgeous gift from God into a state of no identity or sense of belonging.

Let me illustrate. I enjoy chat rooms, gathering the public pulse, identifying opinions, the various degrees of human nature at it's worst. On a recent surfing voyage I was appalled to see what some writers would say, and imply to do, just for housing or even money. While I was not born yesterday and do to some degree know of the lack of morals some have, I was shocked to see such posts as being..."Sleep with my wife for money" and even.."Share my wife". I immediately flagged these comments as being unfit to read for anybody, but particularly unfit for the site I was visiting.

Could this be true? Would another or even a husband allow for such actions to be condoned under his roof and for that matter just ever?

In the comparatively small urban population of Grand Rapids, it could be by simple data gathering, that this is not a concentrated issue. I argue it is worldwide. In fact I argue this problem goes beyond borders and race and other distinctions. This issue is at the core of what we in our "right mind" like to call the problem.

The problem consists and is rooted not in political ideology or religious background. The problem is of a moral one. A moral issue that can penetrate generations into conforming with certain behaviors perceived.

Jena 6 lack of parental involvement

Saddam Hussein no father

Stalin's father was a drunk and wife beater

Hitler Parents were cousins and he was illegitimate

Idi Amin Abandoned by his father

Get the point!

Over lunch today, in code so my daughter could not decipher, my wife and I discussed the recent case concerning the federal prosecutor arrested recently, finally dead, for attempting to have ugh with a 5 year old girl. This tryst was set up allegedly with the girls parents. Good thing we were near completion of our meals, we nearly choked at the thought. But it was a sting to catch people like this. Which makes you wonder, how big is this problem. Original Story

Here it is again, The problem. Not from taxes or the economy, but the moral attitude and how we serve under God. Of course to mention God I am speaking of all the various religions my readers are aligned with. Because isn't that what religion does? I argue strong religious guidance in the walk of life would deter many of the social plights we see today and even possibly, cure The Problem.

So gentlemen, ladies and all of my esteemed readers, please remember, build your marriage on a strong belief in faith, be attentive, compassionate parents and someday the world will thank you.

No comments: